Friday 26 June 2015

One Week After Injury

It has now been just over a week since the injury and 72 hours since the operation.

Not really too much to report - pain has been quite low whilst laying down with the leg elevated, however, moving to a standing position is a slightly different story. It seems that as soon as I stand up all of the fluid from the swelling concentrates exactly where all of the damaged tissue is and makes it feel like my foot is about to explode! This is not too much of an issue though - I just do not stand up much!

I have not taken any pain relief since the operation as I haven't really been in that much pain. Today my calf muscle is quite sore which is the first time this part of the leg has been hurting!

Next hospital appointment is the 7th of July where I am expecting the temporary cast to be removed and a removable boot fitted.

No comments:

Post a Comment